Saturday, June 03, 2006

Part Deux...






Got some time to take a few photos of projects in the works. Here you will see a photo of the vest (which I am soooo anxious to knit) and the lovely hand-dyed alpacha yarn I am using for it; the lacey scarf from a heavy weight unspun wool for a friend ... yarn is lovely colors of greens, blues, raspberry and a little gold; the beginnings of a toddler sweater (frogged this yarn from another project that he already has outgrown...so now I am knitting a size 3...learned my lesson); and, of course, the Embossed Leaves socks in the multi-colored Koigu. I think the colors in the yarn are very Autumn like.I was going to enter these socks in the Centre County Grange Fair competition, however, I'm not sure the judges will truly see the "leaves" in the design. So, the jury is still out on what I am going to do. Maybe knit another pair in a non-patterned yarn as was suggested by my friend Roberta and also by a woman on the socknitters list who has knit two pair from this pattern. I do love the pattern. It goes quickly and keeps the knitter's interest!

3 comments:

Deby said...

Your projects are great. I love the colors of your yarns. Very cheery. I also like the vest you going to knit.
Blog looks great. Will be cking back to see more!
knit on

barbp said...

Welcome Kim. I was wondering when you were going to venture out to the blogosphere.

Really like the colors in the sock yarn but you're right in that picture, the colors seem to mask the lovely stitch pattern.

That vest will look really nice on you.

Knittymama said...

Is that the Atacama yarn? I'm making a simple triangle shawl with some now. It's the nicest stuff!