Friday, June 02, 2006

Blogging Fun!

OK, I have caved in...again! I love other people's blogs and do miss posting my knitting projects and photos. Will work on photos this weekend and show my works in progress.

Am working on a number of projects -- a few pair of socks (Of course!); a beautiful scarf for a friend; a size 3 sweater for the toddler son of another friend; a long wrap for myself; and now a vest for myself.

The last one did not come easily. I have some beautiful hand-dyed alpacha yarn that originally was intended for a triangular shawl. I don't think I would ever wear the shawl. The yarn is gorgeous so there is no way I will "waste" it. Well, the few inches of the shawl were frogged. Next, I decided it would be a long wrap...well, I still don't think it would get worn often enough. I ended up deciding on a vest. I found a great one in a nice book I have owned for several years,
25 Gorgeous Sweaters for the Brand-New Knitter by Catherine Ham. I selected one called "Indian Vest" which has a cute squared bottom band and scooped rounded neckline. It buttons up the front.

I might do the gauge swatch tonight to make sure I am using the right size needles. I despise gauge swatches but have learned their importance.

Will post some photos in a few days. Happy Knitting.

No comments: