Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My SPECIAL knitting bag



The UPS man came to my door late yesterday afternoon. I wasn't expecting him. He brought a medium sized box and it was from a yarn shop. I had not ordered anything...well, not anything that large.

Upon opening the box I found a GORGEOUS knitting bag made by Lexie Barnes www.lexiebarnes.com inside. I was stunned. I had looked at this bag during a recent trip to Virginia but even though I dubbed it the "perfect knitting bag" I would never spend the $$$ for it. My husband had the shop order one in red and have it sent to me for our anniversary. Sometimes he truly amazes me!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag. It is somewhat bowling ball bag shaped so the wider bottom accommodates a large number of projects...which is what I usually have in the works. The outside can be wiped off with a damp cloth and is waterproof...I think. The shoulder handles are just the right length for me and are made not to slip off the shoulder. A wonderful concept!

As great as the outside is the inside is almost beyond description but I will try. There are many pockets of many sizes including long angled ones for knitting needles. I quickly loaded up the bag and still have space for a wallet and keys.

What a wonderful gift! Now I suppose I better go to the golf shop and buy him a present...gee...Father's Day is Sunday and our anniversary is Monday....yes, it is time to shop.

1 comment:

soapy said...

How sweeet! That is such a sweet thoughtful and special thing for him to do!
Hope you enjoy it and your anniversary! Wishing you many more to come!