Friday, June 30, 2006

New Ott Lamp

Was in JoAnn's Fabric Store earlier this week and saw just what I needed...a new floor Ott light. The sale was fabulous and this model included a nice magnifier. I have not attached the magnifier for knitting but plan do to some counted cross stitch this weekend and will try it out. I haven't cross stitched in about 18 months since I got back into knitting with a vengence. I have some pieces started that I want to finish and others I really want to stitch. Once I finish my contract with the Bob Casey for U.S. Senate campaign I will have more time to do both.

Counted cross stitch is a slow process, in my opinion, but I do love the results. I want to get some pieces stitched. My husband and I are beginning to think about a "winter home" in a few years and would like to have some pieces done to hang on the walls.

I have the front, back and 1 sleeve completed on O'Connor's sweater. The second sleeve is half finished. Will post a photo when it is done and blocked. Roberta has promised to show me a nifty method of sewing seams together. I bought the correct size crochet hook so will be ready to do the seaming next week when we get together.

Also stopped at Knitter's Underground on Wednesday for pizza with Molly and Billie. So nice of Molly to invite me to join them! I do miss the companionship and conversation. We had a lot to catch up on. Molly has some beautiful new yarns in stock for worsted sweaters perfect for children. Also has some new cotton sock yarns that are lovely. The Sockotta knits so nicely.

I bought some DK weight Encore in a gorgeous teal for a baby blanket for my niece's pending addition. Also got some baby yarn in yellow for a sweater, hat and booties to go with the varigated worsted weight stash yarn I will also use for a blanket. Will be a nice coming home outfit. Will take some photos this weekend to show the colors.

No comments: