Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Now You See It...Now You Don't

Now you see it...
Now you don't...
In keeping with two of my knitting resolutions for the New Year you might notice that I am blogging more often. I know a few of you are reading so would you please leave me a little note! I appreciate getting them.

Another New Year's resolution I am trying to keep is FROGGING projects I don't like for whatever the reason. Pictured is the first in that category. This lovely sport yarn is called Lord of the Rings (I think) and I don't remember the maker but I got it from The Loopy Ewe which has a wonderful on-line selection of yarns. And service is top notch!

I was knitting the so-popular Monkey Socks. I didn't like the ones I was knitting. I think the problem was that I chose sport weight yarn which is just too heavy for the design. It is a lovely design and fun, fun, fun to knit. And a FREE pattern from Knitty an on-line magazine. Cookie A who is a very creative designer graciously allowed the magazine to publish this design and it has been a huge hit with knitters for the past couple of winters. I also really love the rich colors in the yarn so decided it was time to frog and do a standard pair of socks. They will be started soon.

We are waiting for snow in Central PA. The Goldens and I would love to play in it and I would really like to get some video of them. I haven't taken any in way too long and life just passes us all by. I hope the ice doesn't arrive, too. We have had too much of it this winter and I worry about falling and also about one of the dogs hurting themselves. I saw a handsome Rottie at the vet today. He hurt his back leg last night on the ice. Hope the boy is OK. He was very stoic and sweet.

3 comments:

DebKnitsalot said...

I agree, beautiful yarn! When your heart isn't in a project and it's not a good marriage between project and yarn - Frog It for sure!

Deb

Knitting Kris said...

Nice yarn, and it's been a wonderfully free feeling to frog those languishing projects.
PS - I love the Mt. Nittany LL's! Where did you find that gem?

JoAnn said...

Good for you in having the courage to frog the Monkeys. I have one Monkey done, 2nd not started. I've never frogged a sock mid-way yet. It's better than trudging along on something that's not making you happy though.