Thursday, January 15, 2009

Alpaca Yarn and New Bag







As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my friends Monica and Dennis own an alpaca farm in southeastern PA. They have gorgeous animals and the result is fabulous yarn. See here. I am going to make a shawl and will post photos during the process. Be patient as I am going to finish a few other projects before I begin. I think I found the right pattern but am still contemplating.
I fell in love with this knitting bag from Namaste called a Knitube. A model they came out with several years ago and I think are discontinuing. I bought mine at a big discount at Dream Weaver Yarns. I was really pleased with the prompt service and will shop there again.
The outside is a nylon fabric and is possibly waterproof. I'm not testing it. Each end unzips and is lined with the beautiful fabric you see in another photo. One end is for yarn storage and the other for your work-in-progress and knitting tools. Then there is a side zippered pocked that could hold a small wallet, cell phone and keys. Also love the neat strap. Cool, huh? I think so.

No comments: