Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Mystery of the Missing Fingerless Mitt

Photo is of guilty party.
Name: Teddy Bear
Age: 5 1/2 years
Favorite hobby: laying upside down in daddy's lap as seen in photo

I have one fingerless mitt completed and the other 2/3 finished.
Celeste's birthday is Saturday but I won't see her until Sunday so I will be done in time! Yeah!! Double Yeah!!!
I hit a snag this morning when I could not find the finished mitt. Not in the pocket of the knitting bag where I keep it, not in the rest of the knitting bag, no where to be found. I thought I let it at Keith's apartment when we were in Harrisburg for the weekend, but knowing the birthday was this week was positive I brought it home. Well, I did. It was stolen but fortunately recovered in a good condition.
I will post photos of the finished mitts later in the week. I forgot the camera in the office today.

Also, I was gifted with some fabulous alpaca yarn on Saturday. Very special...the cria spin from Lucio my very favorite alpaca. Two skeins of fingering weight in a gorgeous white. Making it extra special was the additional two skeins of a beautiful rich medium brown that is spun from his mother alpaca's shearing. I am going to do a shawl from the two. The yoke will be the brown, I will knit as much as I can with the white and then do a pattern repeat or two with the brown. Can't wait to start.

Lucio belongs to my friends Monica Kline and Dennis Balban who own a Suri Farm in Lebanon County, PA. I saw them at the Pennsylvania Farm Show and received a cute gift bag with a tag from Lucio.

Photos will be in next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Nice information. Thanks for the post.