Friday, September 07, 2007

Yarn Hunger Strike! TRANSLATION: I'm Knitting From Stash

I am taking the concept of a "yarn diet" one giant step further -- I am going on a "yarn hunger strike." Why? Because I have such a huge stash I won't even show it to my best knitting buddies. Do these statements strike fear in your hearts? How did I end up thinking this way? Organizing over the long Labor Day Weekend gave me pause to think and reconsider the amount of yarn I was buying.

Wouldn't be so bad if I had more time to knit. The new job, although enjoyable and fulfilling, is also time filling. Fortunately, my Golden Retrievers seem to be healed or on the mend and please God keep them well. Their nursing care took a lot of time this summer, but I needed to care for them and they certainly needed their momma.

I have plenty of sock yarn to keep me busy for years, others for sweaters and the like, and still some for baby items. I am going to knit from stash until I get to a reasonable amount of yarn. No ifs, ands or buts about it. The only yarn I am going to purchase is from The Loopy Ewe because I am part of her Sock Club and there are two more installments. Maybe by the time Spring arrives I will be brave and sign up for next year's Sock Club. Sheri does a fabulous job!

It is hot and humid again here today. What happened to those cooler temps of a few weeks ago? But, I am going to try to complete a second sock tonight. It will soon be time enough to wear hand-knitted socks. They do feel wonderful.

1 comment:

barbp said...

I think I'm in the same boat. Toronto in a couple weeks then, I'm planning a trip to Annapolis the first weekend in November, then Niagara on the Lake for a girls only weekend with my friend "the doctor" while Steve is in Rhode Island. Appropriate, eh? *lol* And then Phoenix in January