Monday, September 24, 2007

Emma's Hat



Isn't this toddler hat cute? It is being modeled by a stuffed floppy Golden Retriever puppy. I knitted it for my great-niece Emma who was born last November...even though she was not supposed to make her appearance until late January. Guess she didn't want to miss the holidays. And she didn't...the hospital released her to her parents on Dec. 24. A wonderful present for all of us!


This little hat is knit in Aran weight domestic wool from Kraemer Yarns in Nazareth, PA. Almost a hometown yarn company as they are located about 3 hours away.


The pattern is from the wonderful knitting book Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I LOVE this book and plan to make a few other patterns from it this fall and winter. I love the eyelet row that has the icord woven through it! I think it makes the hat extra cute!!


I have enough of the yarn remaining to knit a hat one size larger for a co-workers niece who will soon be one. I was closing in on the decreasing but somehow I had an extra stitch. I got frustrated with it so I frogged the hat and will start again tonight. I hope I have enough yarn and if I do there won't be any to spare.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet the boys wpuld have been willing to model the hat. Really cute she will sure need it in a very short time, very little fall and a whole lot of winter up there. My kind of place.

Kim said...

I tried to get Patches to model it but when the hat fell over her entire head she wanted nothing to do with my idea! I was pleased with the final product and with the variagated colors Emma can wear it with a lot of different things.