Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another Grange Fair Ends



Tonight marked the ending (until next August) of a 133-year tradition in Centre County...the Grange Fair and Encampment http://www.grangefair.net/ What is that, you ask? It is a week (plus a couple of days) of 930 green Army tents and 1,300-plus travel trailers and motor homes parked on the fairgrounds which are located just steps from my front door.


Oh, Grange Fair is more...it is hundreds of food vendors, games of chance, carnival rides, entries in various categories including livestock, 4-H, needlework, photography and a whole bunch of others.


Grange Fair is a time for family reunions, many people seeing their camping neighbors for the first time since the last Fair ended, and general fun. Some people do live there the entire week, while others, such as myself make daily and often nightly visits for meals, to meet friends or just to cruise the fairgrounds.


The photos give just a very basic overview.

1 comment:

barbp said...

It does look like tons of fun. I still haven't been there. I don't deal well with crowds - and have been amazed the last two years that I have handled MDSW as well as I have. But as you have seen - by the end of the day I'm always a deer in the headlights. I'm so glad that you had a lot of fun again.