Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Year's Resolution


Happy New Year! OK...I know it is January 7th but with my travels to Harrisburg and to Washington, D.C. this is the first chance I have had to post.

I rarely make resolutions (because I rarely keep them) but I am resolving to knit one pair of socks a month (at least) in 2007. I have so much stash sock yarn it is ridiculous and I am vowing to knit some of it...plus I need nice socks. Tonight I am almost finished with my first pair .... oh, alright I started them in mid-December but I am counting them as my January socks. They are a nice pair of self-striping "ragg wool" looking socks made from Opal. And, they are my very first fraternal twins. I am adament about matching socks, but these were knitting from 1 large skein and the repeat was so far into the skein that identical socks were not possible. So, they are really pretty. Will post the photo in the next chapter...have to kitchner the toe.

Also am trying to knit from stash but AM NOT making the current popular pledge to only knit from stash. I'm not crazy enough to think I won't be buying sock yarn from the Loopy Ewe or from Mad About Ewes. Their selections are too nice to pass up.

I can't wait to get to the PO tomorrow. A box from the Loopy Ewe arrived while I was away. I forget what I ordered but I think some of it is for a shawl. Not that I have finished the shawls or scarf (lace patterns) that I am working on. I think I will take one with me to FL this weekend and work on it. Also will only take along one pair of socks to knit. Maybe I will get something finished! Hold that thought, now will ya....

Weather is supposed to get cooler this week so maybe I can even wear a sweater and my new down coat. Guess that makes my decision...I will take along the lace scarf (from sock yarn) that I am knitting to go with the coat.

See that photo at the beginning of this entry? It is the Victorian Lace Today book that was a Christmas gift from my husband. The photos are beautiful, the patterns wonderful and it is just a delightful book to have in my knitting "library."

1 comment:

barbp said...

Sorry you couldn't make our yarn crawl. A pair of socks a month? If only I could. Beautiful book from your husband. He's a keeper, eh? See you Thursday night!