Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January Socks


The January socks are done. OK...I admit it they were started in December 2006 but they were FINISHED in January 2007 ... so they count at the first pair for the new year. What a way to begin sock knitting for the new year by someone who insists on matching socks. My first pair of fraternal twins. However, I really like them. Nice sturdy fabric from a heavier weight Opal knitted on size 3 needles. Goes quickly that way.

Next pair is on size 3 and is Trekking XXL...I think OR will it be the Claudia Handpaints from that wonderful yarn shop Knitting Sisters in Williamsburg, VA? Hummm....am heading to FL this weekend for 6 days and the colors of the Claudia remind me of flowers and warmer temps. Maybe I will get off my duff, get out the winder and swift and wind those 2 skeins. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

barbp said...

I didn't realize that they weren't identical until you said it. I love the grays, how relaxing.

Florida. Beats my trip to Scranton and Newark DE this weekend all to heck. Have fun.

Lone Knitter said...

I much prefer non-matching socks. They have more character, I think. What a great way to start off the new year. I just finished my second pair of the year and think perhaps I should take a little break, but I know I won't.