Monday, January 22, 2007

This and That


We returned from Orlando last Thursday. Our luggage finished its vacation on Friday. All was accounted for so I guess I can't complain. Orlando was nice...but we don't do the theme parks. I think they are way too costly at $45 per person per day when we don't go on the rides, get tired of the same food and don't buy Mickey Mouse souvenirs. My husband had a conference there for a few days and the warm weather and some sunshine was a nice change of pace.

Didn't get a lot of knitting done but did finish 1 baby sock. Will post a photo when both are complete. Hope to get some knitting done this evening but a 2-hour phone call this afternoon cut into my plans for housework. I am trying to straighten up some things and will have to utilize some of tonight to do that.

Also want to get back to lace knitting. The photo is of a Fir Cone pattern used in a scarf. The yarn is a yummy Schaeffer Anne that I bought on-line at the Loopy Ewe...she is my favorite on-line shop these days.

Am now signing off and closing down the computer...otherwise I won't have any knitting time. Must learn to budget my time at home better since I will soon be returning to work fulltime.

1 comment:

barbp said...

Oh dear - that mean old luggage got to be on vacation longer than you did!! Seriously, I'm glad you got it all back. I'm flying to Arizona the last week of February and sure hope my luggage keeps up with me.

Bring your Fir Cone with you on Thursday, pretty please?? I'd love to get a up close and personal look and must touch the yarn. It's beautiful Kim.