Sunday, May 27, 2012

Shawlette Finished! Next Up to Bat...

Dear Roberta:

This blog post is dedicated to you. Yes, I do finish projects. So I took photos and blogged right away...enjoy! Best, Kim

Yet another Simple Things Shawlette is finished. If I do say so myself, the result it lovely. I was concerned the striped yarn would look wonky as the rows got longer, but it striped nicely and I am thrilled with it. Blocking will be done this evening. I think it will "grow" nicely and will be a great addition to a summer tee shirt to ward off a/c.

I used a skein of Sockotta Limited that I purchased last summer at Swisher's Yarn Shop in Danville, PA. It is a 40% superwash wool, 45% cotton and 15% nylon. A generous amount of yarn -- 414 yards -- on the skein. I purchased a second one -- don't remember why. I don't need it so it will be posted for sale on my ravelry page.


Next up to bat is Stephen West's "Daybreak." I have been wanting to knit one for over a year and started this one in 2011. Those who follow my blog might remember it from the UFO plan for 2012. It is an easy pattern and I love these colors. A skein of slightly shaded blue from my stash (label was missing) and the yellow was purchased from The Loopy Ewe solid series because I didn't have a plain to go with the blue. I rarely buy plain colored yarns.

1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

I LOVE the way the Sockotta shawl worked up. That should be perfect for summer. And I have been staring at the Stephen West patterns for a while -- the combo you chose should look great.