Sunday, July 04, 2010

Another Boneyard Shawlette


The DK weight Zauberball (I have serious doubts about that yarn being a true DK weight) is complete. A photo will be posted once the shawlette is blocked. I decided it needs some blocking to smooth out the knitting and to make it just a bit larger.

I really likethe Boneyard Shawl pattern by Stephen West. Enough so that I started another one which I know will be a scarf as I am using a lovely fingering weight yard from Pagewood Farm. It is a hand-dyed merino/cashmere/nylon (80/10/10) in the colorway "Prism" which is rich shades of red, navy, grey, gold, dark green. Very fall/winter like and will be a wonderful wardrobe addition. The yarn is scrumptious to knit with and I'm glad that after much debate with myself I decided to use it for a shawlette rather than socks.

I still love knitting socks but some yarns are just destined for certain projects. This is one of them.

No comments: