Friday, May 29, 2009

Baby Socks -- 1 pair done, 2 pair to knit


These cute little baby socks are a gift for Isaac who was born last week. His mom is a receptionist at the vet offce where we go. Isaac is her first child and I know she and her husband will be wonderful parents. They are also great parents to Grizzly, their Golden Retriever.


I used a yarn from KnitPicks that they don't make anymore. It is a combination of cotton, acrylic and nylon. I don't like knitting with it so fortunately these sockies don't take too long to knit. The yarn is soft (or I wouldn't use it for a baby) but it tangles/twists and drives me crazy!


I think these colorful ones are cute. I have more of this colorway and also some of a blend of beiges with blue. Good thing I have a stash of it because another receptionist (who my Stratton loved his whole life) is expecting her second son and also one of the women in our knitting group is expecting her second baby. These little socks are good lunchtime knitting projects.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

So cute!

twilight website said...

Complete the knitting as soon as possible. i am eagerly waiting to see the next.