Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend of Golf, Reading and Knitting

Spent Thursday through Sunday in Corning, NY for our annual trek to the LPGA tournament. This year was the 31st for the tournament and the sadly, the last. Tournament sponsors can no longer afford or justify the costs associated with sponsorship. Corning is a lovely community with a terrific downtown filled with cute shops, museums, restaurants and coffee shops. I will miss our trips there.

Thursday evening was fun. Keith and I attended a cookout at the campsite of our friends, Jackie and Eddie and their boys O'Connor and Sullivan. I took some wonderful photos. But you won't get to see any of them. After returning to the hotel and turning on the camera to view what I took, all I got was a message in the screen -- "memory card error." I couldn't and still can't believe I no longer have photos on that card. Kodak ate my pictures. I think I will contact them. It won't bring back my photos but I think they would want to know about a defective card.

On Saturday we left the course mid-afternoon and headed about 20 miles further north to Watkins Glen. Keith checked out the sporting goods store while I headed to Fingerlake Fibers yarn shop. If you ever get to Watkins Glen or even nearby a stop in this shop is a must. A lovely play with a wonderful assortment of fibers, patterns and books.

Caught up on some novels on my Kindle so now looks like I need to find some more.

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day.

No comments: