Thursday, December 04, 2008

These Socks Are Knit for Walkin'...




I am making progress albeit slowly on my socks for Irina. Fortunately, I have a few weeks until Christmas. One is done!!! Yeah!!! and the other has gusset decreases finished which leaves me with the remainder of the foot and closing of the toe. Hopefully these will be done by Sunday.

The yarn has been a problem for me to knit...it is a beautiful twist of a wonderful mix of colorways but the twist is loose causing me to split stitches. I'm sure it is me and not the yarn, just sayin'. I think I solved the problem when I was at Stitches last month...I purchased a set of 6" Stiletto dpns in size 2 which is my most frequently used dpn size. They are very pointed, yes even more so than the Knit Picks Harmony needles which is LOVE, and are wonderful to work with. Wasn't sure I would like the metal but don't mind it a bit and these socks are moving right along. Love watching that ball of yarn decrease in size! Progress. That's a good thing.

Spent a nice Thanksgiving holiday in NJ and got to meet up with Roberta in Princeton on Saturday afternoon. I have really missed her since she moved to San Antonio in March and it was soooo good to see her again. We had a nice visit and promised not to let 8 months go by again without seeing each other. Hope that is the reality and not just a plan.

I have a pair of fingerless mitts I want to knit for a friend for Christmas but might not get them done in time. Fortunately, her birthday is in mid-January! Whew! Will show that yarn in the next post because I hope by then it will be on the needles.

Also have a scarf in progress for myself from yarn I purchased at MD Sheep & Wool Festival in 2007. It is a soft, lucious hand-dyed worsted weight wool. Is knitting nicely. More on it in a future post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you in Princeton. And those socks look gorgeous. Which yarn is that?