Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Ultimate Match...yarn and a pattern











Many people do a better job than I at purchasing yarn...well, at least they are better organized. They have chosen their pattern and then buy their yarn. Sounds reasonable. Yep. And, sometimes I do it that way. But most of the time I buy the yarn and then find the pattern. Such is the story with my rose and grey colored Baby Bunny yarn from Tess' Designer Yarns. I purchased it at Stitches East in November. As you can see the two colors are gorgeous and rich and where they meet they create a subtle shade of purple. The fibers are superwash merino wool, angora and nylon for some strength and memory. Aaahhh...heaven! Did I have a pattern in mind? Of course not! But I do now.

Yesterday I logged onto the free on-line quarterly knitting magazine Knitty and began looking through their free patterns for this issue. There are at least 20 on the site and they are really nice. I think this is a great magazine -- and the price can't be beat! I digress..sorry...

I came across a beautiful lacy but not too lacy neckwarmer called Poinsettia (please see photo -- taken from the Knitty site). Lo and behold the designer is Anne Hanson who creates dozens of gorgeous knitting patterns for her company, Knitspot. I have bought a lot of her scarf and shawl patterns and they are all on my to-do list.

But this neckwarmer is just what I have been looking for and it will be perfect for my yarn. A bit lacy and the design is perfect to show off the yarn.

Is this project next? No, it is second in line. Celeste's fingerless mitts are next. That darn sock is still haunting me. Absolutely no knitting so far this week but hopefully that will change tonight. I'm on a vacation day tomorrow and we are supposed to get snow, so I am planning on knitting.

Are you all done with your holiday knitting projects?

No comments: