Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Busy Two Weeks



I looked at my last post and it was 13 days ago. I'm not sure where the last two weeks have gone but those are days I will never get back. It has been wild around here with a lot of storms, but nothing like the people in the midwest have been struggling through.


On Sunday night we had major high winds and large hail. Winds strong enough to split a tree next to the garage. The part that fell landed on the fence, forcing it out of the ground. Fortunately, the man who installed it 12 years ago has a work ethic rarely seen these days. He says his former customers are "special" to him and he made sure to break from a new job and send a crew to cleanup and make repairs -- the day after the storm. What a relief ... always worried that the Golden Retrievers will escape!


Not a lot of knitting going on but I did get these self-striping wool socks finished. Don't you just love the colors? I do.


I even made some candy tonight. For charity. My neighbor and her friends are having a bake sale during this weekend's townwide yard sale event and all of their proceeds go to Relay for Life. Their team is a busy one and does all sorts of fund-raisers. I told her I would make my mother's grapenut and chocolate candy and I did. Yes, there is one piece missing. I felt it was my responsibility to taste test.


Hopefully some more knitting content next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute socks Kim. And I am glad I am a safe distance from the cookies!