Monday, May 19, 2008

An Array of Scarves





While reviewing projects in the works, I realized I have a number of really nice scarves in the works.


First, there is the "Bucknell" scarf which will be worn at basketball games this coming season. It is shades of orange and blue, of course. It is the very popular Chevron Scarf that uses alternating rows of 2 colors of yarn. The pattern calls for 2 skeins each of 2 colors of Koigu. But, while in FLA in March, a very helpful woman at Great Balls of Yarn showed me her finished version using 1 skein each of 2 colors. Half the knitting time and half the cost. A win-win!


Oriel Lace Scarf is a nice lace pattern that I am knitting from a skein of something-or-other bought on-line at The Loopy Ewe. I can't remember what is it as the label is gone. It is in muted shades of eggplant, olive green and brown.


Last, but not least, is Eyelet from Ann Norling's 6 lace scarf leaflet. Some other cute patterns on that one, too. This yarn is in deep pastel colors of blue, raspberry and green with a little lavender. It was frogged after the photo was taken as I discovered that I hadn't cast on enough stitches. But, its current state is longer than in this photo. A nice easy pattern.


Eyelet and socks in progress will accompany me to Corning, NY this weekend where I will get tons of knitting done at the LPGA tournament. An annual jaunt for my husband and me.


Yes, there is one more bag...this nice one from Loopy Ewe. Love the combination of chocolate brown and blues. It comes with a nice drawstring brown bag to hold the yarn. Nice! This is from Ham's Jams and I love her stuff. Very well made and useful. The bottom is nice and wide and flattens nicely. I really love the adjustable strap so I can wear it across the body to alleviate stress on the shoulder. Perfect!


Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.


Then

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bucknell scarf looks great, and I love the bag. Hope you are enjoying your jaunt to Corning.

Anonymous said...

Hey you, blog! I just tagged you with a meme. Take a look at my latest entry.