Tuesday, May 06, 2008

New stash yarn




As memories of this past weekend at Maryland Sheep & Wool fade in my mind, I have my purchases to remind me of all that I saw, all I wanted and didn't buy, and things that were just fun to look at in the booths.


From top to bottom:


First purchase: a skein of Sockotta from The Mannings. This self-stripes in shades of raspberry speckled with other colors. I love it that this shop has most of their yarns knitted into a finished sock. Always a draw when knitters know the look of the final product.


Second purchase: a skein of sock yarn from Autumn House Farm, a small dyer in nothercentral PA. Aren't the colors gorgeous? And I love the speckles of other colors. Can't wait to knit this one.


Third purchase and my favorite: 3 skeins of Tess's fingering weight yarn in shades of lavender and teal which I will use for an oblong shawl. I have been perusing the patterns and books and am almost certain about my selection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, wait! That Tess yarn is OBVIOUSLY my yarn! LOL. Love the colors of the Sockotta as well.