Monday, June 23, 2014

A Hat Box "Hat"

I love the new Mrs. Crosby Hat Box yarns. A lovely sport weight in a fabulous fiber combination. I wanted to knit a shawl. I love shawls! But right now I cannot decide if I want a 1-color or multi-color shawl. All I knew for certain is that I wanted to knit something from the yarn and I wanted to knit it now.

The yarn has a fabulous stitch definition, as you can see in this photo. I also really like the very subtle changes in color tone. It just adds to the fun of knitting.



I am not yet revealing the hat pattern -- hopefully I will have enough knit by next Monday for you to see the texture and how it "works" with the pattern I chose. The hat ribbing is a 1x1 and only needs to be 1 inch wide. It would have been done, except Whitney decided she wanted to "knit" which means I had to pull out all the stitches and begin again. I've been very busy this week so haven't made too much progress. Hopefully that will change.


See you next Monday....

No comments: