Monday, September 27, 2010

Progress on baby sweater

It is amazing how much time it takes to knit even a baby sweater. But, this one is as cute as a buttom! I'm nearing the second sleeve (this is knit side-to-side -- see my previous post). Once the second sleeve is completed I need to sew the side seams and then pick up stitches around the bottom. Two knitting tasks I have never done. Time to learn new knitting to-dos. Hope to have this completed by the time I return from NC the middle of next week. Then will block and pop into the mail. The little girl isn't due to be born until middle of November but I'm anxious to give this to her mom.

Had an interesting conversation with a non-knitting friend who saw this sweater. Took me several tries to explain why the stripes in the self-striping yarn were wider in the sleeves than the body of the sweater. She was not getting fewer and more stitches....I love how it looks. Hope baby and mom do, too.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

It looks great. I love how the colors/stripes turned out.