Friday, September 10, 2010

It's a Baby Sweater

Foremost I'm a sock knitter who has a blossoming new interest in knitting shawlettes of various sizes in an array of weights of yarns. But, my newest projects are this baby sweater Phazelia's Ribboned Baby Jacket which can be purchased for a few dollars from Ravelry.

It is an easy, cute and quick knit in fingering weight yarn. The pattern recommends a size 1.5 needle...ummm...don't have one of those and have never seen one. A size 2 would have been a good second choice. However, I chose to go to a size 3 to make the sweater wearable for just a little longer by growing babies. The designer is kind enough to give directions for two sizes -- 0-3 months and 3-6 months. I'm doing the latter.

I have two skeins of this Trekking yarn. No, I won't need them for one sweater but they will enable me to knit two sweaters. I have two colleagues who are expecting babies this fall...one in a few weeks and the other in late November. I hope they like their surprises when the mailman arrives in a few weeks. I will post a finished photo when the first sweater is complete.

1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

That is SO CUTE in that yarn! I wasn't able to get a good photo of the yarn in mine -- I am almost done with the first sleeve.