Monday, May 03, 2010

Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival


One of my favorite events to attend each year is MDSW. This year was a lot of fun but probably THE hottest weather of the 8 I have attended...94 degrees, sunny and muggy. Joyful! I again coordinated a bus trip for 54 knitters, crocheters, spinners and weavers (and a few non-fibery friends). We all had a great time. Cole Transportation, a local bus company, is great to work with and our driver, Ron, was such fun!


I pledged not to buy as much yarn as usual and I kept my promise. The photo is of the 3 skeins of yarn I purchased -- all for shawlettes instead of socks. A great way to buy one skein and make something nice. From the top we have Creatively Dyed, Ellen's 1/2-Pint Yarn Company merino, and Berroco Sox with a thread of metallic. I think the latter will be a holiday shawlette.

Socks are still a favorite to knit but shawlettes are quickly catching up.

The only other things I purchased was two pair of very pointed Signature circulars with 6" needles in sizes 6 and 7 -- for shawlette knitting of course and a set of stitch markers from Ellen's 1/2-Pint Yarn Company. It is one of my very favorite show stops.

1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

Beautiful yarns, Kim -- I see what you mean about the Creatively Dyed and Ellen's Half Pint yarns.