Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rainy Day Knitting

It has been pouring rain since mid-morning. The region is on a watch for small stream flooding and I keep checking the basement for water ... it will come in...just don't know when...it always does. That complicates things with Teddy Bear because it also makes his kennel room wet. Sigh...

Today has been a productive knitting day. Ishbel in getting closer to the finish line. No photo to post right now because pretty Ishbel doesn't look any different in a photo than she did in my last post. I have 14 long rows to go and I'm holding my breath more and more. Why? I am hoping/praying I don't run out of yarn. There is no way to get more of this hand-dyed I bought last May at Maryland Sheep and Wool.

I started with 450 yards. Ishbel takes about 360 but I added two extra repeats of the lace. If all else fails I will find a coordinating plain color for the last repeat and cast off row. It won't be as pretty but I'm NOT...repeat NOT ripping back. I have lifelines but not for that purpose. I think I will be OK with little yarn left. I don't care about that. Just want to get finished before Timber arrives two weeks from today. I just can't wait! I know a puppy is a lot of work but he will be worth it.

I will knit but not lace for a while. Will stick with plain vanilla socks, the simple scarf I am knitting (saving that for next post) and Deisy's Dishcloths which I am making for the Golden Retriever Rescue to sell at the merchandise table.

Gotta run..I just heard Ishbel calling me.

No comments: