Monday, March 22, 2010

"Happy" Scarf


I'm calling this new scarf I started knitting on Saturday a "Happy" scarf. It is going to be a Christmas present -- yes as in December -- for a good friend. Can't say who as she reads this blog.

I'm in North Carolina so wanted a no-brainer knitting project while here. There is NCAA basketball on the TV for what seems like 24/7 so a lace project just wouldn't work.

I wasn't in town 10 minutes on Saturday afternoon until I hopped back into the car and headed 8 miles away to Bella Filati yarn shop in Southern Pines. I had already selected a side-to-side garter stitch scarf pattern, "Baktus" scarf that I found for free on Ravelry. Easy knit and in this yarn quite pretty.

Oh the yarn. Yes...it is Mini Mochi machine washable 80% wool/20% nylon fiber combination. There is no twist to this yarn so is a bit like knitting with skinny roving. The results are a beautiful color combination. I selected Color 105 which is a combination of purple, teal, red, gold, and green. As one color progresses into the other the scarf also takes on other shades. Quite nice.

I am going to make more of these scarves from yarn in my stash. I think, with the new puppy arriving on Saturday, if I'm going to get ANY knitting done for a while it will be dishcloths for my Deisy's Dishcloths project that benefits Golden Retriever Rescue or one of these scarves. Ummm...a plan and one I really like. Happy Knitting everyone...

No comments: