Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yarn Organizing

Spent a lot of this weekend organizing my sock and shawl yarns...much more of the former than the latter. Now at least I am familiar with the colors and brands of sock yarn I have on hand. There are at least 200 skeins of yarn. Fortunately, some I can use a small shawls/scarves, neckwarmers, fingerless mitts and other fun items.

Also came across my bag of leftover sock yarn. Immediately decided that I need to start knitting a leftover sock yarn afghan for my bed. Found the pattern in the Mason & Dixon knitting book and will probably begin the first square this week. Will blog a photo when I have some progress.

Also decided I REALLY am going on a sock yarn diet! Tough to do with Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival a mere 3 months and a handful of days away but this is necessary. And I cannot imagine finding any yarn that is not in a colorway I already own. Just can't fathom it.

I do make gifts for people so I will go stash diving. Am planning to sell some on Ravelry whenever I get the time. Also am going to donate some skeins to groups that do charity knitting...a major win-win.

Am to the toe decreases on a second sock so off to complete it. Photo when finished.

1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

You ARE going to do the sock yarn afghan!! Good for you! I am still debating (sock yarn afghan, or Lady Eleanor first?) And you were brave to publicly admit, "My name is Kim, and I am a sock yarn addict," LOL.