Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Finished Project and Another in Progress


Finished are the superwash wool house socks for my friend Celeste. She will be celebrating a birthdya in the middle of January and amazingly enough the gift is done! I used Lonesome Stone superwash wool I purchased at Mad About Ewes in Lewisburg. A nice bright combination of colors. The pattern is a simple tube sock but it will keep her warm.

Started is a nice neckwarmer for myself. Using yummy worsted weight Lorna's Laces and a fun Feather and Fan pattern. I like the design -- size 6 needles to start so the cowl lays nicely on ones shoulders -- at least that is the designer's plan -- and then size 4 needles on the rest of the garment. Will continue with more photos. Took this one early today and have made a lot of progress since this morning.

However, the neckwarmer has been put aside for some sock knitting. A pair I started a while ago. I miss knitting socks so decided to work on a pair in sport weight yarn. A photo in a few days.

No comments: