Friday, June 26, 2009

Yard Sale and Of Course New Socks







Our town has a community yard sale weekend that officially began today, but many people (myself included) got a jump start on the weekend. Last night many of my knitting buddies showed up to check out the yarn that was for sale and help support Golden Retriever Rescue which benefitted from the $121.50 made at the sale. Thanks ladies!

I continued the sale today with some household items, books, etc. etc. More of the fun tomorrow morning. I had forgotten how much work a yard sale can be. My muscles won't forget for a while!

I am knitting the second sock of Summer Sox. I consider it to be the nicest of the summer cotton blends that I have used. But my hands are itching (figuratively speaking, of course) to knit with wool again, so I'm starting another pair of socks.

Opal is one of my favorite sock yarns and I haven't knit with any in quite a while. I pulled from my stash a skein in the colorway "Petticoat" and can't wait to knit on it tomorrow. Not using the usual basic sock pattern but rather am going to finally knit "Waving Lace Socks" from Favorite Socks book. I usually knit on a size 2 needle with 56 stitches. Because of the design in this sock pattern, I have to drop to a size 1 needle because the repeats require 64 stitches. This will be interesting...

The yard sale provided quite a bit of entertainment today for Patches and Lily. As you can see in the photo they needed naps. Patches is pushed against the glass bow window but Lily decided to stretch out on the chair. AAAAHHHH, that's the life!







2 comments:

Roberta said...

So nice to see your girls! My socks languish on the needles, since I can't imagine ever again even wearing socks.

twilight fansite said...

Very nice kitty. did you knit anything for that?