Sunday, April 05, 2009

2 New Socks....and a Scarf, too







I like small knitting projects because they can be finished somewhat quickly. I rarely knit a larger project...watch for my next post later this week because its content will counter that statement!

Back to today. I am knitting two pair of socks -- both with yarn I purchased at Mad About Ewes yarn shop in Lewisburg, PA. Libby has great taste in yarn, I think, and is one of the nicest people I have ever met. We have gotten to be good friends and I love the time I get to spend visiting her and Wyatt, her VERY adorable Sheltie, who accompanies Libby to work almost every day.

The first is a pair of summer socks from Classic Elite's new yarn "Summer Sox" which is a wonderful blend of 40% merino/40% cotton/20% nylon. I think that combination will give a nice amount of memory...contrary to other cotton sock yarns on the market. And, this is washable and dryable. Also a plus. Libby has eight lovely self-striping colors in this yarn. Stop by and get some.

Second is a lovely merino/tencel blend and right now I cannot remember who makes it or the colorway...something with Roses in it...of course Libby emailed me the info but do you think I can locate the correct email. NOT! I will fill ya all in soon. She also has quite a few colorways in this yarn and it runs out the door quickly, so don't miss out.

The mindless knitting project -- I always need one of those ... don't you? -- is a triangular scarf being knitting from Schaeffer Anne yarn in the lovely colorway "Crocus." This is great car knitting. Total garter stitch, no row or stitch counting. All I need to remember are the yarnovers and each end of the row that starts with a row marker. Now how tough is that? A friend asked me how big the scarf will be. Answer: I am knitting until the skein is finished, so however big 560 yards of Schaeffer Anne allow. No reason to stop and possible waste this wonderful wool/mohair combination. Oh this yarn was purchased online from The Loopy Ewe.

More on the big project later this week. I promise.



3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Delurking to say I liked the review of the Summer Sox yarn. My LYS also just received this and I wasn't too sure about it. I may have to add a ball to my stash. The pink sock yarn is very pretty also (whatever the name is :)and you gotta love the mindless knitting projects.
Oh - and I'm also a Loopy addict!

Roberta said...

Gorgeous colorways, especially the rose and the crocus. I will have to try the Summer Sox yarn. While I haven't loved knitting with other cotton-blend sock yarns, I have loved wearing at least one of the pairs I finished.

Knitting Kris said...

Great projects Kim! Will you be at Maryland Sheep and Wool this weekend?