Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What a Tangled Skein....

I have not done any knitting the past two nights. Oh, there was time (finally!) but instead I spent a total of 5 freakin' hours untangling a skein of Schaeffer Anne fingering weight yarn from my stash. This is the second skein of Schaeffer Anne that has been so tangled. I have one more in my stash and if it is as tangled I swear to never buy the yarn again. Very sad because the colors are gorgeous and the yarn is really nice for the scarves I am knitting.

Dropped Stratton at the vet this morning because I think he has another ear infection. Those darn ears...we have to catch this before it gets worse and creates another ear hematoma. The good news is that the thyroid meds are working -- he is down to 132 pounds -- hasn't been that weight in a long time. My goal for him is 120...will see if that happens. Strattie is doing so well on the thyroid meds ... he was 154 pounds, lethargic and very sad in early May. His reading was .9 with 2.5 being normal. Last reading was 2.1 and we check it again in December.

Hope to cast on the scarf this evening. Of course I am working on other projects but want to start this one in a bit of a lacey scarf pattern. More later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having trouble with the Schaefer Anne -- I don't remember any tangling problems when I used it to knit the Scotch Thistle stole. I know -- give it to me!!!! (joke, really, that was a joke.)

Kim said...

Ha! Guess again lady. I finally got it untangled and started a scarf. All garter stitch which I would have known had I read the pattern in advance but I think I will like it anyway. Kind of a thinner scarf but will make it long so it can be wound around the neck.