Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I Fell Off The Yarn Diet Wagon

Was in Lewisburg today on business. Of course I took my lunchtime to stop at Mad About Ewes to pick up yarn I ordered for a baby blanket -- it was ordered pre-diet and I just haven't been to Lewisburg to make the purchase.

During my last trip I bought a pattern for a bulky knit top down sweater...now those of you who are well-acquainted with me know my adversion to knitting a sweater. I honestly thought I had enough stash yarn but I need 1 more skein. I bought this yarn years ago so there is no getting just 1 more.

Brown Sheep Bulky is a nice yarn and quick knit...perfect for the pattern. So, 4 skeins of Prairie Fire came home with me. Photos will be posted after I begin knitting. Tonight I might even do a gauge swatch. I tried on the model Libby had knit and it fit perfectly. I am so glad I decided to try it because I was going up 1 size...would have been a mistake.

Libby has a lovely shop and really nice yarns. She carried Kraemer Yarns and is the only person I know of in this region who sells that wool. It appears to felt nicely and the colors are nice and rich. There also are "color families" in either 4 or 5 colors...nice for a variety of projects.

1 comment:

SueKnits4Fun said...

Ha! We blog at the same speed!! I have a new post written and unposted cuz I want to add pictures!