Saturday, August 26, 2006

Socks Are Rockin'


Well, yes I did give in and try the Socks that Rock in Farmhouse colorway! And they are gorgeous...just see for yourself. I decided to knit the medium-weight yarn on size 3 needles. Those needles were so wanting a nice yarn to be knit on them...they have spent many months in the storage case. I just could not resist!

I love the feel of Socks that Rock. The mail order service from the company was quick...less than 1 week from time of order (company in Oregon) to arrival in mail (to PA). Very pleased!

I have begun the gusset decrease and probably will finish this sock by the end of Sunday.

My good friend, Billie, let me try on a sock she recently finished from a lovely Trekking XXL colorway purcased from Knitters' Underground in Centre Hall. I have been using 64 stitches on size 2 needles and even with the shaped sock pattern ... which I LOVE ... I still get baggy socks at the ankles. Billie and Molly have been telling me I need to use 56 stitches...I guess Billie had to prove it to me. So, future socks from fingering weight yarns will be knitted on 56 stitches.

Thanks Billie and Molly!

2 comments:

Deby said...

Great looking sock! I love their yarn also. I am going to try their lightweight next as I like a little thinner sock. What great yarn!

Pamela Foreman said...

It's so pretty! I am going to start a pair of socks soon! It'll be my first!