Sunday, August 20, 2006

Second Sock Finished; New Pair Begun




After a humid morning, this afternoon's weather was perfect for sitting outdoors and knitting. I did just that! No campaign work today. I needed a break! The light breeze and sunny skies were wonderful and the Goldens and I enjoyed the day outdoors.

I finished my second shaped sock form the Regia wool/silk combo. Really nice. I love the patterning. Would never have bought this particular colorway by just seeing the skein of yarn, but at Maryland Sheep & Wool in May I saw a sample sock and immediately knew I wanted to make a pair for myself. Yo u can see the finished product here.

Today's knitting progress inspired me to immediately cast on another pair of socks...this time from the Lorna's Laces I bought in Williamsburg, VA in June. The color is called "Tuscany" and the combination is gorgeous, although the photo is not a true representation of the richness of the colors -- a raspberry, olive green, medium blue combination. I can't wait to see how it patterns. Keep watching for updated photos.

Of course it is time to think of the next pair...sock out came the recently purchased Socks That Rock yarn which can be knit on a size 3 needles...hey...that means I could start them too...but won't...because my embossed leaves socks from Koigu are calling me to finish them. The skein of Socks that rock yarn is a nice superwash merino in burgundy, gold, teal and navy blue. This colorway is called "Farmhouse."

1 comment:

Jen said...

Please post a pic of the Tuscany socks. I have been on the fence about that yarn for months. It looks gorgeous on the skein, but that doesn't always translate to a beautiful garment. Thanks!