Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Mailman Arrived!



My visit to the Post Office this morning yielded just the packages I have been waiting for...

Which to open first...well start with the smaller one...

Two handmade fabric bags to hold sock projects. These wonderfully designed bags are made by "trek" at trek casts on... http://trekcelt.blogspot.com They are lined and have a nice drawstring top. She makes her items for swapping and I sent her a set of dpns that she wanted as the swap item. I also sent the Golden Retriever adult and Golden Retriever puppy fabrics, lining and thread for my bags which is why only needles were needed to swap.

Check out her blog for other fabrics, some really nice free sock patterns and other items. She also will make longer spindle bags, too. I am very pleased with the design, wonderful workmanship and prompt mailing.

Now to the second package...if you have bags for sock projects one must have yarn, too. Right? Of course I am right!!

My friend Roberta directed me to the etsy site on the Internet...a VERY dangerous on-line shopping site for all sorts of hand-dyed yarns. While pursuing I found some gorgeous yarn in shades of blue, lavender, roses and yelllows made by Gypsyknits. Her blog is http://gypsyknits.blogspot.com and is a really fun place to visit, too.

The online sales site is gypsyknits.etsy.com Check out her yarns and the others too. Kathy's yarns are a soft merino wool and the colors are fabulous. Well worth the investment.

3 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Thanks, Kim - glad you like how they came out!

sheep#100 said...

PS - RobKnits - I've got some more of them if you'd like to swap.

soapy said...

her bags are very roomy! I have swapped for a few myself and my SPs!