Tuesday, July 25, 2006

BEST fitting sock



Finally had time to finish my sock from Regia wool/silk. I am really pleased with the yarn..a joy to knit with and the colors are beautiful.

But, the BEST part is the pattern I used. I wrote about it a while back and bought a copy based on the suggestion of my good friend, Roberta. The pattern is called Shapely Secrets Socks and was designed by Dawk Adcock. It can be found on her site at www.dawnadcock.com and I highly recommend this pattern.

Until this sock all of mine bagged a bit at the ankle. Frankly, I probably need to go down a needle size (I use #2) and she recommends #0. I think I will compromise and use #1. There is extended ankle shaping and nice shaping at the top. I think one size smaller needle will completely solve my ankle bagging woes. Today I ordered a pair of Crystal Palace dpns in size 1 and another set in size 2 (I do knit with thinker yarn sometimes for heavier wool socks). I love the 6-inch needles and have completely fallen for the Crystal Palace needles.

4 comments:

barbp said...

Kim that's really pretty. Will we see you Thursday night?

Kim said...

Am trying to get there Thursday night. Never know if I will get called out of town. I am on the road almost all the time these days. Will calm down in a few weeks thankfully!

Diane said...

I love the colors on this sock. Glad you are happy with the fit.

Deby said...

Another great looking sock! I like the length of it too.