Monday, March 14, 2011

Aren't These Cute?

Last night I finished the baby hats for Annie and Lily. Can't wait to send them to the 6-month-old twins in NJ this week.
Yarn is from Knit Picks and is called "Comfy Worsted." Machine wash/tumble dry...perfect for a busy working mom.

The tops on both is in the Honey Dew colorway. The main part of the rosey one is Peony and the main part of the yellow one is Creme Brulee. Their mommy dresses the girls in similar clothing but not identical colors, hence similar hats in different colors. Hope their mom and dad like the hats!

The beauty of rolled brim is that is they are a bit too long just roll them up a bit and wa-la, they fit.
NEXT: A beret for my great-niece.

3 comments:

Rob Knits said...

Very cute! How did you like knitting with Comfy?

Allison said...

Those twins are going to get many compliments when they were those adorable hats!

Kim said...

Thanks Rob and Allison. Rob asked me about Comfy. It is OK but as you know Knit Picks is not a yarn favorite of mine...as I am a yarn snob! LOL But, for babies with a working mom I needed machine wash and machine dry. It worked up well but has no body to it. Used if for the beret too. I think it would stretch if used for a sweater or vest. It is heavier and I think the weight would be a problem.