Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Ravelry Valentine Exchange


Since November I have been participating in a Valentine's Day gift exchange on Ravelry. The Loopy Ewe group to be precise. Today I mailed my gift to Kandice in California. Once she receives her box later this week I will post a photo of what I knit for her. I really like it and hope she does, too. Kandice is now one of my blog readers, so I am not posting until I know she has opened the gift. I've been teasing her too long to spoil it now!

Last week my present from Janet arrived. Wow! Look at all the goodies in this photo. At right is a gorgeous lacey short scarf Janet knitted for me from Zauberball. Those colors are lucious and just perfect for my wardrobe. The scarf looks cute flipped over in a short tie and also with a shawl stick.
Janet also sent me a gorgeous skein of Sweet Georgia yarn in a beautiful raspberry-purple combination. There is plenty for a shawlette. But, I think I will knit lacy socks and use the leftover for fingerless mitts. Plenty for both in this large skein. The candy Janet sent me is gone, gone, gone ... and yes, I enjoyed every bite. Additionally, there is a cool box with a variety of cocoas and a recipe book. Going to dig into that this weekend. She sent an adorable card, too, which was a nice touch.
Swaps are fun. I love what I received. I hope Kandice feels the same when her box arrives in California.

1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

Gorgeous colors.