Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Did Not Buy Yarn











I was only at the PA Farm Show briefly on Saturday morning and might go back again this Saturday. I didn't buy yarn and won't be buying any. First, I don't need yarn. Second and probably more key to me not adding to my stash was that I didn't see any yarn I liked. The PA Alpaca Breeders Association has a much smaller selection than last year. I saw only 4 skeins of fingering weight and the rest was worsted weight. It was pretty and I think commercially dyed. And it was expensive with low yardage. There were two other women with yarn. One had hand-dyed with a rough base and not very good dying. The other had all worsted weight and commercially processed and dyed yarns.

But, I did buy this little Yarn Angel. Isn't she sweet and she was only $15. I'm glad I nabbed her as she was the only one with a knitting basket.I now have to decide where to locate her.

Saw the baby pigs who were fighting to get fed by their mom. Oh the squealing could be heard for a long distance. They were so cute -- only 2 1/2 weeks old.
Of course my favorites were the alpacas from A Suri Farm which is owned by my friends Monica and Dennis. The cuties in these photos were born in May, 2010 so are still babies.

1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

Those alpacas are soooooo cute. And just as well you didn't see any yarn you liked.