Friday, November 05, 2010

Fingerless Mitts


I love the fingerless mitts pattern designed by my friend, Libby, and decided to knit a pair for Nancy who grooms my Golden Retrievers. Just started them and they are going quickly...almost done with the ribbed cuff. The pattern calls for a 3-inch cuff but like most knitters am going to make a slight change. But only slight to add 1/2-inch to the cuff length.

The yarn is in shades of green, a dark teal, raspberry, denim and purple. Color changes are an inch to two inches in length and work well together. This is the first time I've knit with Plymouth Yarn's "Sockin' Sox" and really like it. Content is 60% superwash merino, 25% bamboo and 15% nylon. Quite soft to knit with so should be wonderful to wear.

Hopefully will have a finished mitt to post by early next week. We will be heading to NC next Thursday so will get some car knitting time. I also am working on a hat and scarf in Malabrigo worsted for myself and they will definitely go along for the ride. Happy knitting!




1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

Pretty yarn! You should have a number of finished projects to show off soon.