Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day Knitting




The lighting is very different for these two photos but it is the same project. Central PA is getting slammed with more snow, high winds, and general nasty weather. My office was closed today....thankfully.
Being home gave me time to catch up on uncompleted household work and get in some knitting time. More of the latter and none of the former to come as soon as I finish this post.
This cowl is the same design as I knit for myself last month -- from the Winter issue of Spin-off magazine. I love it. An very easy to remember simple but lovely 4-row repeat. I am making this one for my good friend, Celeste. Her coat is olive green and I think this mix of colors will be perfect. I got her approval on the colorway before I began the project. She is a redhead so needs to be extra careful about her color choices.

I am using Mountain Colors yarn in the "Tamarack" colorway which is a variagated soft yarn in colors of purple, teal, dark olive, gold, rustish-deep pink, and brown. A lovely combination. I am hoping that with today's knitting and the long Presidents' Day holiday weekend I will be able to complete the project. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Rob Knits said...

The cowl looks great, Kim. Too bad I no longer need cowls, I really liked them as one-skein projects. Is that yarn Bearfoot? Keep warm. Glad you are not on the roads this week.