Friday, February 16, 2007

Moving Right Along



I haven't had much time to knit in the past 2 weeks -- or to blog -- but Barbara said she was going to catch up with me on the blog tomorrow so I decided I wanted to write something to keep her amused in this cold, snowy weather. Hi Barb!!! Hey...enjoy your trip to Arizona and your family visit...we will miss you at knitting group but really want you to go and have a great time!

The purple-ish hand-dyed sport weight yarn that has been in my stash forever (see last post) is knitting up beautifully in the Feather and Fan pattern. As you can see, one sock is done and the other is knitted to the middle of the heel flap. I expect it will be done by sometime Monday. Aahhh, speaking of Monday -- President's Day -- in all of my years of employment it will be my FIRST paid Monday holiday. How am I spending the day, well knitting and looking for office space. The latter is my choice as I want to get a list to my boss this week so a spot can be selected.

Look what I found in a knitting bag. I started this sock from Trekking XXL before Christmas and forgot about it. I love the mix of the dark navy/black with the brighter colors. And, this first sock is past the middle of the foot. What a bonus find!

I am still pondering the next socks on the needles -- many, many choices. I think on the size 3's (sport weight) will be one of the Lorna's Laces I bought from Sheri at The Loopy Ewe which has become my VERY favorite site for buying sock yarn. She is the best and her customer service cannot be beaten. She is always getting new yarns and has a fabulous selection. One the size 2's will be one of the Fleece Artist colors I also bought from Sherri...and more were ordered yesterday.

Finally am making myself spend an hour a day organizing yarn and eventually will have the project completed. Yes, I have a lot of yarn but it takes me so long because it is so disorganized at the moment and I am trying to make some sense of it. I am moving it to a storage area that I rent for the Golden Retriever Rescue -- there is plenty of space for my yarn boxes and having them out of the bedroom will make the cats so happy! More space to chase their little mousy toys...

Look at this book, Sensational Knitted Socks that I bought at Barnes & Noble with a discount coupon. All sorts of lace patterns and other designs for socks. Humm...this one is going to get a work out. Am waiting for the Spring issue of Interweave Knits to hit the newstand next week. The preview of patterns on their website looks interesting.

5 comments:

barbp said...

Your socks look so yummy. Great job as always.

Oh thanks for the kind shout out there. I'll miss you all too - I'm going to scope out a yarn store or two. Don't know if I'll find time as there is a special pottery store I must go to.

Monika said...

Hi Kim, thanks for your praise on the SSS socks. You have the pattern and did NOT knit it already?!!! They are so easy to knit and such a pleasure, you'll see. The SKS sock book is the best. If I did not have any other books and would have to buy just one, i would choose this one. I love knitting socks too. Happy knitting!

Lisa said...

Very pretty socks! Love the colorway you chose. But I have to know.......what is that wooden thing you have there on the toe of that sock? Whatever it is looks kinda nifty. And where did it come from? I have never seen anything like it.

Kim said...

HI Lisa -- The wooden needle holder is wonderful. I got mine at a yarn display place at Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. However, the uncle of a woman in my knitting group is making similar ones. If you are interested in information, please email me at luvsockknitting@hotmail.com and I will connect you two via email. Kim

Sarah O G said...

So where did you get that wonderful needle holder, it's beautiful.

ladybhuidhe at gmail dot com