Sunday, October 29, 2006

What a Weekend!


Am trying to knit to keep my mind off Teddy Bear, my youngest Golden Retriever. Unplanned vet visit yesterday. He was limping badly and could not get up onto the soda. I pray he will be OK but both hips are bad and he already has arthritis -- at age 3 years old. So, we are trying oral meds (wrapped in roast beef to get them down) and if we need to there are injections. So, I am forbidding doggie wrestling matches, too much play, etc. until he feels better. At least he isn't limping today. He seems to know his limitations and even when his 10 1/2 year old Golden brother wanted to wrestle he didn't.

I am committed to taking 10 pounds off him...that will help the stress on the hips, too. Once his 2 weeks of medication is completed, I am going to walk him each day. Won't hurt me, either! My internet research says that walking but not over doing it is good for dogs with arthritis but it must be done daily or can cause more harm than good. So, we are committed to this unless we have a blizzard!

Back to my Fortissima socks. Hopefully a photo of that pair completed will be my next blog entry. They have taken forever because of so much campaign work. Gratefully, this U.S. Senate campaign will end on Nov. 7...hopefully with a victory for Bob Casey. It is looking good right now but we continue to work and keep our eyes on the prize!

3 comments:

barbp said...

Oh Kim, I'm sorry to hear your pooch is in pain. Keeping my fingers crossed that he comes through ok.

Mimi said...

Teddy Bear is precious. One way we got our fur babies meds down was to wrap them in a marshmallow. He loved them. I say "loved" because we lost him a week ago this last Sat. Love on him while you can.

Kim said...

A marshmallow is an awesome idea. I will try it as a change of pace...to fool him. I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your furbaby. It is so tough...and yes, I love all of mine (3 Goldens and 2 kittes) while I have them. Life for all of us is so short.