Sunday, September 30, 2007

September Socks!


I LOVE the colors in my September socks. They are knitted from fingering weight Socks that Rock from Blue Moon Fibers in colorway "Rocktober." This yarn is fabulous (although pricey) to knit with and wears well...I knit a pair from STR last winter. My "Rocktober" socks are done within the month and I am thrilled...lately my knitting has spilled into the next month. Hopefully, this means my life and time schedules are back on track....only time will tell on that.


The leaves are beginning to change color in Central PA and I love this season. Cool, crisp mornings and we have had brilliant sunshine. Of course the downside is that it get dark earlier in the evening but it comes with the territory.


I have joined the Secret of the Stole yahoo group and am anticipating the first clue on Oct. 5. This will be my first project using beads. The designer recommends a plain colored lace yarn but of course I am being different and am using some stash fingering weight hand-painted yarns in shades of grey, purple and blue. I went to the LYS for the beads and bought some purple that are gorgeous with the yarn...however, they are going to be returned. I cannot get the crochet hook through the beads and I refuse to prestring beads onto my yarn. I know I will never finish the project if I am forced to use that method.


So, I went to Earthfaire and found some purple irridescent beads with blue inside. They should arrive this week and I hope they work. If not, I am going to knit the stole without beads. JoAnne's did not have any that would work.


As for socks I think my next pair will be from Trekking XXL twist in very muted shades of olive, brown, camel, and a little purple (at least it looks purple to me). Am interested how they will pattern. I tried to photograph the yarn but it looked like a blob in the picture. Hopefully, the socks will come out better in the photo.

No comments: