Friday, October 20, 2006

What's In the Mail?





I don't have much time to knit right now but I always time to shop! Internet shopping is a wonderful invention. My new favorite site is http://www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/ Sheri has all sort of fabulous sock yarns for sale and needles and accessories. She operates the shop from Missouri. Now I am in PA. Her customer service is FABULOUS!!! I placed an order one evening earlier this week. And to my pleasant surprise the package arrived today. Each i tem is nicely wrapped in white tissue paper and closed with a cute little seal.

Inside my box were two great items...a skein of "Loopy" yarn from Yarn Pirate. Also, several little books The Loopy Ewe...Knit Notes for Socks. Inside this small spiral bound books are pages (nicely separted with red paper) for needle inventories, favorite sock yarns and their stats, favorite sock recipients and their stats, favorite sock patters (name, where to find them, notes), favorite yarn stores, favorite blogs and podcasts, yarn weight reference sheet and a couple of blank pages for whatever else you need to jot down. This book is the perfect size for inside my knitting bag.

Last week I ventured back onto www.etsy.com and order the "sock bug" which is a lovely assortment of purple, teal, and raspberry fabrics. It has a nice long black strap that I could carry over my shoulder. The bug will also fit nicely into a knitting bag. My knitting group friend Lori showed me the one she ordered. Lots of ooohhhs and aaahhhhs over that item! I kept my self control for a few days but then gave in and ordered. It is adorable. Thanks Lori for sharing the site.

2 comments:

barbp said...

Ohhhhh it all looks so great. That sock bug is still talking to me, and now you provided me with a link to check out. (fingers itching)

I love the colorway of that yarn and I may have to get that notebook if I don't get around to programming my Palm Pilot.

Knitting bag hasn't arrived yet, wahhhh, should be here first part of the week I think.

Laura said...

love your sock bag! how fun!
blessings, L