Sunday, September 17, 2006

Why Lifelines?


I know about lifelines and the importance of them when lace knitting. I was planning on using them after I finished 3 more rows on my wrap I was knitting from Trekking XXL. Well, too little too late. That shawl is now a rolled up ball of yarn again. I dropped a stitch somewhere...only a few rows back...but couldn't figure out where. So, I frogged the entire 6 inches of shawl. Could be worse.

Here is a photo of the shawl from a few weeks ago. I will finish this before I begin the alpaca shawl I have decided. I have too many UFOs and need to get some of these projects finished.

I finish socks but not some other things. I need to focus on finishing and not just starting.

I am stuck in Harrisburg helping with the final days (we hope!) of the challenges to the signatures on the Green Party petition. We have to win this challenge.

However, tomorrow night I will start the shawl again. This time I will use lifelines every 10 rows I have decided. Am buying a needle and getting thread tomorrow. If I drop a stitch again it won't be so painful to rip out 10 rows.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Hey Kim,

Just found your blog while googling around. It's so funny to find another blog with the same name plus a hyphen. Very nice finished projects!

barbp said...

Shedding a tear for her friend. Sniff. Hate seeing 6 inches of shawl in the frog pond.