Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Knitting for a baby (or babies)

Am searching through my stash for baby yarns. I found some nice pastel soft yarn that will make nice stripes on a blanket. Have some others and am planning a sweater or two and some baby socks.

No, not for my use! My niece Stoef told me today she is expecting her first child (possibly twins!) in January. So, Auntie Kim better knit a bit faster I think.

I have some yarns tucked away that were given to me over the past few years. This is where a stash does come in handy.

I have one baby blanket made from some brightly colors worsted yarn. Would work for laying on the floor and putting a baby or babies on it.

During a recent visit to Rosie's Yarn Cellar in Philadelphia I bought some yarn and whined because I don't live close enough to take the bootie class. The people in that shop are so customer-service savvy...they gave me that pattern and one for a baby sweater. I just remembered the sweater...it was made from Koigu sock yarn. I won't use Koigu...too expensive and too warm for Savannah, GA but I will find a nice substitute and make that sweater or sweaters.

Good grief...she is making me do plurals!!!! As long as the baby or babies are healthy and she does OK in delivery...I don't care how much I need to knit.

1 comment:

barbp said...

Congrats to the Mum and Auntie to be!